What is a Doula?
From the DONA website I found this explanation of what we do as Doulas. Birth Doulas are ” a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.”
Why I became a Doula.
I hear from a lot of women their fears or thoughts about how hard and painful delivery is going to be and I want to help them see how beautiful and empowering it is instead. That it is not something to fear, but to tackle head on because we are all stronger then we can imagine and yes it is hard work like running a marathon, but once you get to that finish line you will have the biggest rush of joy, strength, and love.
How I Can Help You.
Once hired by you I meet with you for one prenatal visit, I am on call for and will be present at your birth, I will meet with you for one postpartum visit, and I’m available to you to answer any and all questions you may have during your pregnancy via phone, or email. I’m not only there to support you, but your partner as well. It is in my nature to help others and that’s exactly what I want to do. I want to support, love, and comfort you during your birth, so whether it goes as planned or not, it is still a very positive experience for you.
- I share with you helpful information during your pregnancy to prepare and empower you and your baby for birth.
- I use high quality essential oils to create a soothing calm environment.
- I use many comfort techniques to help you through labor. (aromatherapy, massage, heat packs, cooling towel, spinning babies, soothing and encouraging words)
- I am certified in Spinning babies so I can help your baby get into the best position and/or help your baby reposition itself by stretching and loosening your muscles, ligaments, and fascia, which can help make labor and delivery easier.
- I help support your partner, but do not replace them and love when they are just as much involved.
- I educate and share information so you can make the best decision for your family and advocate for yourself.
- I help with starting to breastfeeding if needed.
Certification and Experience
*Trained and Certified through Nini Bambini in Bedford, NH
* Certified in Spinning Babies
* In training to become a certified lactation educator